Splunk Search

Use timepicker selection in query

bfernandez
Communicator

Anyone know if it is possible to use the time picker selection in a query?

I would like to use this value to calculate availability of a server in base of the time range selected.

time picker 24 so time_interval = 24 hours

server time_offline time_interval availability
server1 3 hours 24 hours 87,5%
server2 20 hours 24 hours 26,7%

I mean, I have the number of time downtime but I can’t calculate this metric dynamically.

Thanks!

1 Solution

bfernandez
Communicator

After taking some time looking for information in answers I finally found the solution.

| addinfo | eval selection_duration=strftime(info_min_time,"%+") . " - " . strftime(info_max_time,"%+")

View solution in original post

viksinha
Explorer

Can you please elaborate it with an example.. I am getting 'No results found' when I ran the search like: index=linux sourcetype=eif | addinfo | eval selectionduration=strftime(infomintime,"%+") . " - " . strftime(infomaxtime,"%+") | table selectionduration

bfernandez
Communicator

You are missing underscores in the field names. That’s the problem.

info_min_time
info_max_time

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.1/SearchReference/Addinfo

bfernandez
Communicator

After taking some time looking for information in answers I finally found the solution.

| addinfo | eval selection_duration=strftime(info_min_time,"%+") . " - " . strftime(info_max_time,"%+")

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...