Splunk Search

Top percentage out of total events

Yancy
Path Finder

When using the fields sidebar, I can see how often a field appears out of my total result set (ie Appears in 62% of results), and how often the top values of that field appear in the results.

When I use the top command, I can see how often these values appear out of the total number of events that contain that field.

How can I obtain statistics similar how the field sidebar presents them, as a percentage of the total result set?

In my use case I have UserAgent split out to multiple fields and want to know what are the top UserAgents across our total traffic.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Ron_Naken
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Here are a couple working options to help with ideas (replace ... with your search):

... | eventstats count AS total | stats first(total) AS total count AS c by UserAgent | eval  perc=(c/total)*100 | fields - total | sort - perc | head 10

or

... | eventstats count AS total | chart eval(count/first(total)) AS perc BY UserAgent | sort - perc

View solution in original post

Ron_Naken
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Here are a couple working options to help with ideas (replace ... with your search):

... | eventstats count AS total | stats first(total) AS total count AS c by UserAgent | eval  perc=(c/total)*100 | fields - total | sort - perc | head 10

or

... | eventstats count AS total | chart eval(count/first(total)) AS perc BY UserAgent | sort - perc
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...