Splunk Search

Timechart Cell value replace numeric value by conditional string

rishiaggarwal
Explorer

Hi All, i am newbie to Splunk and need an assistance in writing a splunk dashboard where i wish to replace the average transaction duration value with a range string. For eg. if the Transaction duration is between 0-6 sec, rather then displaying an actual average duration (number) it should display a text "Green".

Condition : 0-6 Green , 7-20 Amber, >20 Red

Draft Query is given below.

index=XXX_XXX  sourcetype=XXX_YYY source=YXYX_YCYC 
Search String 
| transaction correlationId keepevicted=true 
| timechart span=5m avg(duration) as response_health by activityName
| convert ctime(_time) as _time timeformat="%H:%M %p"  
| fillnull 

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

Try this

<your search>|untable _time activityName response_health|eval color=case(response_health==0 AND response_health<7,"Green",response_health> 6 AND response_health<21,"Amber" ,1=1,"Red")|xyseries _time activityName color

Instead of 1=1, you can provide response_heath>20 and give another default value in case the other three conditions are not matched.

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Try this

<your search>|untable _time activityName response_health|eval color=case(response_health==0 AND response_health<7,"Green",response_health> 6 AND response_health<21,"Amber" ,1=1,"Red")|xyseries _time activityName color

Instead of 1=1, you can provide response_heath>20 and give another default value in case the other three conditions are not matched.

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

rishiaggarwal
Explorer

Thanks a heap. This solution worked for me.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...