Splunk Search

The fillnull_value option in tstats command

lucas4394
Path Finder

According to Splunk document in "tstats" command, the optional argument, fillnull_value, is available for my Splunk version, 7.2; however, this optional argument doesn't seem working at all. I got an error message: "... The argument 'fillnull_value=NA' is invalid". Does anyone have any clues? Thanks.

| tstats summariesonly=true fillnull_value="NA" count from datamodel=Email.All_Email where * by All_Email.src_user
0 Karma

aberkow
Builder

I just played around with it for awhile - I had initially thought it was because you had "count" and that can never return null, but I tried values as well and that yielded nothing either. If no one else can answer, you have the workaround of adding on line 2 | fillnull value="NA", and should probably open a support ticket. Also, there are no examples of it in usage here: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.0/SearchReference/Tstats#Examples which is a bit bothersome.

0 Karma

rvaglid
Explorer

According to the docs this option to `tstats` were introduced in 8.0.0. 
I just recently discovered myself. 🙂

Cheers,
Rolf

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...