Splunk Search

Subsearch Help

alan20854
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm trying to create a search query that displays all the events with Incorrect result: but excludes the cases where the same ID contains an event with Sending result.

The query below shows the list of all the problem cases:

host=* source=*  "Incorrect result:" | rex field=_raw "\x5BE=(?P[0123456789]+)\x5D"  | stats count by ID

How would I write a search query to do this?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

ihost=* source=* ("Incorrect result:" OR "Sending result") | rex field=_raw "\x5BE=(?P[0123456789]+)\x5D"|
| eventstats count(eval(searchmatch("Incorrect result:"))) AS badCount count(eval(searchmatch("Sending result"))) AS goodCount BY ID
| where goodCount=0

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

ihost=* source=* ("Incorrect result:" OR "Sending result") | rex field=_raw "\x5BE=(?P[0123456789]+)\x5D"|
| eventstats count(eval(searchmatch("Incorrect result:"))) AS badCount count(eval(searchmatch("Sending result"))) AS goodCount BY ID
| where goodCount=0

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

host= source= "Incorrect result:" | rex field=_raw "\x5BE=(?P<ID>[0123456789]+)\x5D" | rex field=_raw "(?<status>Sending|Incorrect)\s*result" | chart count over ID by status | where Sending=0 | fields - Sending
0 Karma

alan20854
Path Finder

Hi sundareshr, I am not getting any events from that query

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

WHat do you get when you run this command?

host= source= "Incorrect result:" | rex field=_raw "\x5BE=(?P<ID>[0123456789]+)\x5D" | rex field=_raw "(?<status>Sending|Incorrect)\s*result" | table _time ID status

I also noticed, the first rex command was missing the field name. See the edited one

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...