Splunk Search

Stats per hour?

reedmohn
Communicator

So, I was looking at this:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/205556/how-to-set-up-an-alert-if-the-same-error-occurs-mo.html

Started with that to set up a report showing number of users with more than nnnn events per hour.

I though this query would give me per hour stats, for users with more than 3 events in the respective hour:

<base search> (EventCode=XXXX) | eval login_account=mvindex(Account_Name,1) | bucket _time span=1h | stats count by login_account | where count>3

Instead, I only get a total count for the whole query time period (24hrs in this case), and a listing of users with count>3 for those 24 hrs.

What have I not understood here?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You did the bucketing for 1hr for _time but didn't use it in your stats. Try this

<base search> (EventCode=XXXX) | eval login_account=mvindex(Account_Name,1) | bucket _time span=1h | stats count by _time login_account | where count>3

reedmohn
Communicator

Thanks, that's a lot better 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...