Splunk Search

Stats Distinct Count (X) + X[Values]

JRamirezEnosys
Explorer

Hi Splunkers,

I have a query that gives me the following fields I want to work with.

username
Country (after using iplocation on src_ip)

Some usernames have login from more than 2 countries.

I want to see it on a chart that shows me the top 5 usernames based on how many countries they have log in and which countries are those.

I believe I need to use dc(Country) at some point

This is my search string

index=main event=sso status=success ip!=10.0.0.0/8  | regex subject=^\D\d+$ | iplocation ip | stats dc(Country) by subject
Tags (1)
0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Based on your description and code, I have to assume that the field "subject" is holding the username...

0 Karma

andrey2007
Contributor

Try this

index=main event=sso status=success ip!=10.0.0.0/8  | regex subject=^\D\d+$ | iplocation ip | stats dc(Country)  as Country_count values(Country) as Countries by subject | sort 5 - Country_count

somesoni2
Revered Legend

If your end goal is to see the chart, try this version and select a stacked column/bar chart.

index=main event=sso status=success ip!=10.0.0.0/8  | regex subject=^\D\d+$ | iplocation ip | stats dc(Country)  as Country_count values(Country) as Countries by subject | sort 5 - Country_count
| mvexpand Countries | chart count over subject by Countries
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...