Splunk Search

Splunk Search Bar User Design UXD

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi All, 

One basic thought(issue) on Splunk Search Bar UXD - User Experience Design:

1. on the Splunk Search Bar, enter a basic search "index=test1", then choose time picker to 15mins, then choose fast mode, then if you press "Enter" button, the search still wont run. you have to manually mouse hover above the search button and click Run button.  okies, this is at least fine. 

2. After running first search, now leave the search as it is(index=test1) and then on time picker choose 60mins, the search will run "without" clicking Run button.  

3. on this 2nd search, after choosing timepicker(the search will be running now), if you want to switch between search modes, you have to "stop/kill" the search and then choose a search mode. when you selected search mode, it will run the search without clicking Run button. 

Hope you guys understand this User Experience issue, pls provide your views, thanks. 

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

thoughts:

1. "Enter" button press should run searches. (Mouse Click OR Enter Button Click both should be allowed to run searches)

2. Modification of "Search Mode" and "TimePicker" - both should be allowed, before running the search.

Hope you guys understand this User Experience issue, pls provide your views, thanks.

Added this to as an idea..

https://ideas.splunk.com/ideas/EID-I-1312

if you like it, could you please upvote and/or comment, thanks. 

0 Karma

SinghK
Builder

Just voted 😁

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes @SinghK .. on my above reply, you can see that i created the idea.. the link is:

https://ideas.splunk.com/ideas/EID-I-1312

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

bringing this to top once, just to see if you have any thoughts about these thoughts...

Edit - i generally dont add @ list.. but just in case if you have missed this post, so, adding @isoutamo @gcusello @woodcock @ITWhisperer @johnhuang @SinghK @bowesmana @jconger @martin_mueller  thanks a lot! 

Thoughts:

1. "Enter" button press should run searches. (Mouse Click OR Enter Button Click both should be allowed to run searches)

2. Modification of "Search Mode" and "TimePicker" - both should be allowed, before running the search.

0 Karma

SinghK
Builder

May be you should add this as an idea..

0 Karma

SinghK
Builder

Haven't done this here before but you have to suggest that onna ideas forum in other tools.

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

bringing this to top, hi all, any ideas and suggestions please.. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...