Splunk Search

Splunk REST API with NodeJs: trouble getting started creating a search job

mattee1283

I'm new to this, and would appreciate any help from someone who uses NodeJs with Splunk. I can successfully query past search jobs and details for a specific search job given the SID, but I can't create a search job or get a session key through the login link. Below is the code I have working so far, and after that I will show the code that is not working:

const url = 'https://mydomain:8089/services/search/jobs'
const auth = {
      username: 'myusername',
      password: 'mypassword',
}
axios.get(url, {auth})
.then((response) => {
      // do something with the response ...
})
.catch((error) => {
      // handle error ...
})

However, when I try to create a search job in a similar way, it does not work, and when I try to get a session key, it does not work. I will show both codes snippets. The following gives me a 401 Unauthorized:

const search = 'search mysearch'
const params = {search}
axios.post(url, {auth, params})
.then((response) =>  {
      // do something with response ...
})
.catch((error) => {
      // handle error ...
})

When I try to first get a session key, however, it gives me a 400 Bad Request:

const loginurl = 'https://mydomain:8089/services/auth/login'
axios.post(loginurl, {auth})
.then((response) => {
      // do something with response ...
})
.catch((error) => {
      // handle error ...
})

I've been banging my head against the wall with this. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...