Splunk Search

Splunk PDF reports not loading properly - missing fonts

aaronkorn
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello,

We have a scheduled pdf report that is delivered every morning but when trying to open it it throws an error about a font package that needs to be installed. The package is Adobe Reader X Font Packs and this message comes up everytime someone tries the view the report and without it the report does not display properly. Is there a way to change the fonts or some other setting on the splunk sever so we do not receive this error?

alt text

0 Karma

gcato
Contributor

I know this is old but will add a answer here as it fixed my same issue. I found that an unsupported apostrophe character ( ’ ) in my alert description (probably caused by a copy and paste from another document). After changing apostrophe character to ' the pdf report started working again. No need to install X font package.

nmistry_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

From Adobe font X package description

Adobeᆴ Readerᆴ X Font Packs enable you to display and interact with documents authored in languages other than those supported in your native Adobe Reader software

Splunk out of the box has support for Helvetica and CJK CID font sets. I am assuming you are generating a pdf which include one of these fonts and adobe reader is missing that font.

You could either install the adobe font pack or make sure you exclude results containing non support font from the pdf.

aaronkorn
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The strange thing is though, we have one pdf report similar but for a different time that works just fine.

0 Karma

aaronkorn
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for the response. How do I exclude results containing non support?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...