Splunk Search

Splunk DB Connect: Time conversion error while working with SQL Audit log data

jasonsun
Explorer

I have a SQL query using at Splunk DB Connect to pull the SQL audit log into Splunk as below:

SELECT event_time, action_id, succeeded, session_id, server_principal_id, database_principal_id, object_id, class_type, session_server_principal_name, server_principal_name, database_principal_name, target_server_principal_name, server_instance_name, database_name, schema_name, object_name, statement, file_name, audit_schema_version, transaction_id FROM sys.fn_get_audit_file ('C:\\\\SQLAudit\\\\*',default,default) WHERE event_time > ? ORDER BY event_time ASC

However, the system return error:
"java.sql.SQLException: Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string."

The raw event_time field return value in format:
2018-08-26 10:29:57.3456782

I havw tried to do conversion as below but no luck:

SELECT substr('2018-08-26 10:29:57.3456782', 1, 19) as evt_time,
       TO_DATE(substr('2018-08-26 10:29:57.3456782', 1, 19), 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') as evt_datetime,
       to_char(TO_DATE(substr('2018-08-26 10:29:57.3456782', 1, 19), 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'), 'YYYYMMDD HH24MISS') as evt_datetime

Anyone can give me a hand on this? Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

Can you please try to convert event_time using TO_CHAR(event_time, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS.FF3') evt_time ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...