Splunk Search

Splunk App for Unix and Linux props.conf fields are not calculated

nouraali
Explorer

Hi,

Given the below system architecture on a single server:

nouraali_3-1625581407952.png

1. When I pass the OS data generated by the Splunk addon (Splunk App for Unix and Linux) through the universal forwarder to Splunk single instance. I get fields like UsedBytes, PercentMemory, pctCPU,.. as below:

nouraali_0-1625580009335.png

2. But when I pass the OS data generated by the Splunk addon (Splunk App for Unix and Linux) through the universal forwarder to Cribl, then from Cribl to Splunk single instance.  These fields are not computed as below:

nouraali_1-1625580068541.png

As per my understanding, these extra fields are computed with the help of the props.conf file in the path /opt/SP/splunk/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_nix/default. But i don't get why this file is not taking effect or why the fields are not getting calculated when passed from UF to Cribl to Splunk.

Any idea how to pass the data from universal forwarder to Cribl then to Splunk(path no. 2) and get the extra fields to be calculated. 

Best Regards,

Noura Ali

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...