Splunk Search

Splunk 8.0.1: Getting error when using | from datamodel:$model$ to put parameters on a saved search.

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have a saved search that does:

| from datamodel:"Performance.Storage"

But, I am trying to make this saved search parameterized using:

| from datamodel:"$model$"

When I try to edit the search in the GUI, it throws this error:

Error in 'SearchOperator:datamodel': Error in 'DataModelEvaluator': Data model '$model$' was not found.

If I edit savedsearches.conf directly and change the SPL to use $model$ then it runs with no problem and parameterizes the search accordingly.

Is this a bug in the UI? I'm using Splunk 8.0.1.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The reason for parameterising the saved search is so that the search can be called from a map command passing model=X

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK, so I revisited this one - I thought I'll make a macro and give it a parameter and pass the replacement variable to the macro, i.e. 

`datamodel_search("$model$")`

but that has the same problem - same message.

Are there any Splunk employees there who can confirm if the GUI behaviour is correct, i.e. it should not be allowed, or if the GUI has a bug, because in savedsearches.conf, it works when using $model$

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...