Splunk Search

Setup an alert for Changing password parameters?

iamsplunker
Communicator

Hello Splunkers,

I wanted to setup an alert for changing password parameters for ex, we have policy of 15 min characters which includes at least 1 number lowercase , 1 number uppercase , 1 special characters I want an alert to trigger if someone modifies this password rule.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Where do you have this policy? In what system? And how is it connected with Splunk?

0 Karma

iamsplunker
Communicator

Thanks for your response @PickleRick 
We defined the policy in Splunk cloud SH.

Connection SHC -- IDXR -- FORWARDER

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK. If you mean the password policy within the Splunk itself, you should be able to find it in the _configtracker index (I'm not sure if it's available for Cloud but I assume it is) - look for changes to authorize.conf file.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...