Splunk Search

Set x-axis interval

ZaugustZ
Explorer

Hi Everyone ,

Newbie here, Please help me how to set interval for my line graph Example. I have last 24hrs search and it will display every hour in the x-axis, what i wanted to do is just to display every 3 hours in the x-axis label ex. 3am 6am 12pm 3pm. Please help me how to do that.

Thanks in Advanced!

Tags (1)

jlord
Explorer

timechart has a span parameter that can be set to a time value - for example,

... | timechart count span=3h

However, timechart seems to be optimized for display and can override your requested span value if you set it to an extreme value. You can get around this by using a combination of bucket and chart. Bucket sets the time values to the right values, then you chart over time:

... | bucket _time span=3h | chart count over _time

Generally I use #1 until it does not work well in a situation -- then I use #2.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi ZaugustZ,

try something like this:

your base search | timechart span=3h .......

this will group your timechart results into 3 hours buckets. See the docs for more details about timechart search command.

cheers, MuS

xisura
Communicator

hahaha if only we could switch 🙂

0 Karma

chrisdopuch
Path Finder

That's weird, the default behavior for me with a timechart is to group it into 4 hour increments, and I want it to do every hour! If only we could switch our situations.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...