Splunk Search

Set earliest and latest time using a variable

zamberetta

Hi!

I'm trying to set the earliest and latest for a sub-search using a variable from the main search. The code below shows what I am trying to accomplish.

sourcetype=log1 Id=1116061 | stats earliest(_time) AS earliest, latest(_time) AS latest | fieldformat earliest= strftime(earliest, "%m/%d/%Y:%H:%M:%S") | fieldformat latest= strftime(latest, "%m/%d/%Y:%H:%M:%S") | search [index=log2 earliest=earliest latest=latest | stats avg(transcode_ratio) as Ratio]

The main search is giving me the correct value and format (08/30/2016:14:23:31) for the sub search to work. I'm just unable to use a variable as the value. I'm not sure what approach I should take as I have very little experience with splunk and couldn't find an example online that fits.

Many Thanks.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

index=log2 [search sourcetype=log1 Id=1116061 | stats earliest(_time) AS earliest, latest(_time) AS latest | table earliest latest ] | stats avg(transcode_ratio) as Ratio
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...