Splunk Search

Searches showing 0 results when using specific text with slashes /'s and -'s in a field?

BrianAyala
Loves-to-Learn

I have a search

index=foobar flashSteamName=foo/bar-moves/12adw320-df21-dasd-124d-12eda234 \

displays 0 results. 

index=foobar flashSteamName=* 

displays results

Now Selected Fields on the left side shows my "flashSteamName".  When I click on it, it shows my values and has a count of 20.  When I click it there it opens a new search and 0 results.  

Also when I have the fields list in table format and I see my field "flashSteamName" and I click the value it shows I have 20 events. When I click it and it opens a search it has 0 results.

Not sure what I can to fix/change or what can be done to be able to click the event data and display the results that states are available.  

Also, I do not have a problem with searches that do not have / or - in the field. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

The_Simko
Path Finder

That trailing / is catching you.  It's making a delimiter of the next character, instead of being a literal \

Try this:  flashSteamName = "foo/bar-moves/12adw320-df21-dasd-124d-12eda234 \\"

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried using quotation marks?

index=foobar flashSteamName="foo/bar-moves/12adw320-df21-dasd-124d-12eda234"

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...