Splunk Search

Search results don't wrap

cpenkert
Path Finder

The results of my searches don't wrap, so I'm left with one very very long line of an event.

I saw in this post, that it was mentioned that there could be some custom changes to css that could be made to resolve this.
http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/10787/search-results-are-not-wrapping-cant-scroll-right

Does anyone have more information on how to do this, or what an example would look like?

Thanks.

dstaulcu
Builder

Reduce the number of results per page and the horizontal scroller should reappear.

0 Karma

dstaulcu
Builder

Reduce the number of results per page and the horizontal scroller should reappear.

0 Karma

twinspop
Influencer

I see this same problem, but only when the log doesn't have a space for the display code to break on. In other words, a long log line with no space characters will not wrap. If ONE line has this issue, it makes the whole display super wide, so even those lines with spaces will not wrap when they normally would.

They need to include commas, colons, dashes, pipes, others? in the list of breakable characters.

0 Karma

ruiaires
Path Finder

I also have this problem. Funny that it happens in Chrome and IE8 with some users/machines. But on IE8 it works with other machines/clients

0 Karma

therealdpk
Path Finder

Did you hear back from support on this?

0 Karma

RicoSuave
Builder

Have you tried going to the flash timeline view, clicking on options..., then check the wrap results checkbox?

0 Karma

cpenkert
Path Finder

I will open a case with support to have this worked on

0 Karma

cpenkert
Path Finder

Yep, the option to wrap results is checked.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...