Splunk Search

Search for file path and only that file path to come back nothing else

robertlynch2020
Motivator

hi

I have the following files

/net/dell427srv/data1/apps/QCST_DBS_RSAT_v3.1.38_MASTER_DONOTRESTART/
/net/dell427srv/data1/apps/QCST_DBS_RSAT_v3.1.38_MASTER_DONOTRESTART/logs/traces/
/net/dell427srv/data1/apps/QCST_DBS_RSAT_v3.1.38_MASTER_DONOTRESTART/logs/traces/
/net/dell427srv/data1/apps/QCST_DBS_RSAT_v3.1.38_MASTER_DONOTRESTART/XXX/YYY

when i run the below search i get all the directories back, in this case i just want the one /net/dell427srv/data1/apps/QCST_DBS_RSAT_v3.1.38_MASTER_DONOTRESTART/. Not the other 3

| search File_location = */net/dell427srv/data1/apps/QCST_DBS_RSAT_v3.1.38_MASTER_DONOTRESTART/* 

Cheers for you help 🙂

0 Karma
1 Solution

robertlynch2020
Motivator

cheers that worked @niketn 🙂

| search File_location = "/net/dell427srv/data1/apps/QCST_DBS_RSAT_v3.1.38_MASTER_DONOTRESTART/"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

robertlynch2020
Motivator

cheers that worked @niketn 🙂

| search File_location = "/net/dell427srv/data1/apps/QCST_DBS_RSAT_v3.1.38_MASTER_DONOTRESTART/"

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@robertlynch2020... If you want exact match, you should be taking out the * asterisk wildcard for pattern matching.

niketn
Legend

@robertlynch2020... Glad it worked. I have converted my comment to answer. Since you have accepted your own answers, please upvote my answer, since it helped 🙂 Cheers!

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Does this work?

File_location = */net/dell427srv/data1/apps/*

If so, it might be a segmenter "problem"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...