Splunk Search

Search for events occurring outside of two different transactions.

tbrown
Path Finder

I have the following scenario:

There are two transactions that I want to monitor. Both occur randomly, and multiple times. I also want to search for some specific events (Events X). These events come in multiple times as well, but sometime come in during some of those transactions.  I want to make a query that searches for all these events That Do NOT occur during any of the transactions.

I have a temporary query that does what I explain, but it only works for 1 type of the two transactions. I also have a temporary query that works for the other type of transaction.

How can I combine them to search for these events that do not occur during both types of transactions?

Here are my queries that work for a single type of transaction: 

index="main" OR (<Events X>)
| transaction startswith=<Start_Event1> endswith=<End_Event1> keeporphans=true
| search (<Events X>)
index="main" OR (<Events X>)
| transaction startswith=<Start_Event2> endswith=<End_Event2> keeporphans=true
| search (<Events X>)

Any feedback helps.

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...