Splunk Search

Search for all apps and dashboards on a server

actionabledata
Explorer

How do I search for all apps and dashboards on a server and yield a table with author, app name, description, actual linux file name of dashboards within each app, revision #, and date last updated? Thank you

I played around with the following code but it doesn't give everything I need

| rest /services/apps/local | search disabled=0 | table author  label version description title id label version

I think I need to go learn REST APIs for Splunk

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As I said when this question was asked yesterday, the solution requires more than one REST call - one for apps and one for dashboards ("views").  Additional calls may be needed to enrich the results.

It may not be possible to get all the data you seek.  For instance, date last updated is not always available.  A value may be returned, but it's frequently zero.  Other values, like the Linux file name, can be derived from other fields.

---
If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As I said when this question was asked yesterday, the solution requires more than one REST call - one for apps and one for dashboards ("views").  Additional calls may be needed to enrich the results.

It may not be possible to get all the data you seek.  For instance, date last updated is not always available.  A value may be returned, but it's frequently zero.  Other values, like the Linux file name, can be derived from other fields.

---
If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

actionabledata
Explorer

I apologize for not seeing your previous answer ... I still do not see it although it may be to another person. I will research REST calls.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Register for .conf21 Now! Go Vegas or Go Virtual!

How will you .conf21? You decide! Go in-person in Las Vegas, 10/18-10/21, or go online with .conf21 Virtual, 10/19-10/20.