Splunk Search

Saved Search runs after Uninstallation of App

vr2312
Contributor

I installed an App from Splunkbase for Testing purposes.

The app came with Custom Searches which i had scheduled as per the testing phase.

I had uninstalled the app, however, i can still see searches run from the app though the app no longer exists.

it is not creating much of a trouble but i am wondering from where the searches are being run and how i can stop it.

0 Karma
1 Solution

vr2312
Contributor

Thanks for the input @ybongart

Sorted the answer by myself.

The issue was occurring due to a Search head which was brought up which happened to be a clone. hence the server.conf/inputs.conf had the disabled searches search head server name.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

vr2312
Contributor

Thanks for the input @ybongart

Sorted the answer by myself.

The issue was occurring due to a Search head which was brought up which happened to be a clone. hence the server.conf/inputs.conf had the disabled searches search head server name.

0 Karma

ybongart_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you made any changes to saved searches in the app, check your user folder for personal copies of the app, specifically in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/{user}/{app}/local/savedsearches.conf

See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Configurationfiledirectories

Also, you should see the search listed under Settings->Searches, Reports, and Alerts.

There you may be able to see the Owner and if "Sharing" is "Private" then it will be found under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/...

You can also disable it from there by selecting Actions->Edit->Disable.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...