Splunk Search

SPlunk Query-Logins and failure

splunker9999
Path Finder

Hi, Can someone please suggest us a query we can build to find successful login and failed attempts in a separate query?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

JMichaelis
Path Finder

Hi,

index=_audit action="login attempt" info=succeeded | table _time user
index=_audit action="login attempt" info=failed | table _time user

View solution in original post

0 Karma

alemarzu
Motivator

Hi there splunker, try like this.

index=_audit tag=authentication info=succeeded | stats count by user, info, host | sort - info

index=_audit tag=authentication info=failed | stats count by user, info, host | sort - info

Dont know about your Splunk environment, but if you are looking to get this from all your instances, you have to forward _audit index to your Search Head.

Hope it helps.

0 Karma

JMichaelis
Path Finder

Hi,

index=_audit action="login attempt" info=succeeded | table _time user
index=_audit action="login attempt" info=failed | table _time user
0 Karma

splunker9999
Path Finder

I guess this gives us information about our saved searches and how they are running.

We are looking to find failed login attempts to splunk hosts?

Thanks

0 Karma

JMichaelis
Path Finder

I'm not quite sure what you mean but I get login attempts with user name. Why should the action="login attempt" prompt saved searches information? If you want to see the hosts as well expand with

index=_audit action="login attempt" info=failed | table _time user host
0 Karma

splunker9999
Path Finder

this works for us.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...