Splunk Search

Replace map markers by piecharts

Dreads94
Explorer

Hey there!

We just updated to Splunk 6 and I wanted to create a new panel with the new integrated maps. That was easy to realize...but now I would like to replace the markers of the search results by pie charts. Unfortunately, I've absolutely no idea how to do it.

Please help. Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

wpreston
Motivator

There is an example using piecharts on a map in the Splunk 6 Dashboard Examples app. I believe you just use the geostats command, like this:

... <your search string> ... | geostats latfield=lat longfield=lon count by <yourField>

From the docs on geostats:

You can now display geographic data and summaries on maps directly within Splunk. To do so, first run your reporting search with geostats, save it as a report or to a dashboard, then edit the Simple XML to include the visualization element. For more information, see:

"Visualization reference" in the Splunk Data Visualizations Manual.

The map element in the Simple XML Reference.

View solution in original post

wpreston
Motivator

There is an example using piecharts on a map in the Splunk 6 Dashboard Examples app. I believe you just use the geostats command, like this:

... <your search string> ... | geostats latfield=lat longfield=lon count by <yourField>

From the docs on geostats:

You can now display geographic data and summaries on maps directly within Splunk. To do so, first run your reporting search with geostats, save it as a report or to a dashboard, then edit the Simple XML to include the visualization element. For more information, see:

"Visualization reference" in the Splunk Data Visualizations Manual.

The map element in the Simple XML Reference.

Dreads94
Explorer

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...