Splunk Search

Remove first four lines of field

calarie001
Explorer

I want to display each event's raw text in a table column, but I need to remove the first four lines of the field (terminal_id, operator_id, date, and time lines). Is there a way I can always 'hide' the first four lines of the field before displaying it in a dashboard table at searchtime?

This is what the field looks like:
CA7_TERMINAL_ID= data here!

CA7_OPERATOR_ID= data here!

CA7_DATE= data here!

CA7_TIME= data here!

CA7_TRANSACTION= data here!

CA7_JOB= data here!

CA7_SYSTEM= data here!

CA7_DESC= data here!

CA7_ACTIVE_SIZE=data here !

CA7_PROGRAM= data here!

CA7_MESSAGE= data here!

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

It really, really, really, really helps to see you raw events and your search. Because you keep referring to this dataset as a field I am assuming that this is a single event and that you need to strip out that data. This seems unlikely but...

Try this

Your Search Here
| rex field=YourFieldNameHere mode=sed "s/^.*?CA7_TIME=[^\n\r\s]+//"
0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

If the number of logs is large, it is slow.

(your search)|streamstats count by rec_no
|eval CA7_TERMINAL_ID=if(rec_no<5,"",CA7_TERMINAL_ID)
|eval CA7_OPERATOR_ID=if(rec_no<5,"",CA7_OPERATOR_ID)
|eval CA7_DATE=if(rec_no<5,"",CA7_DATE)
|eval CA7_TIME=if(rec_no<5,"",CA7_TIME)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi calarie001,
in you dashboard panels do you use table command to define which fields to display or do you display raw data?
In the first case you can choose which fields to display

index=my_index
| table CA7_TIME CA7_TRANSACTION CA7_JOB CA7_SYSTEM CA7_DESC CA7_ACTIVE_SIZE CA7_PROGRAM CA7_MESSAGE

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...