Splunk Search

Regex on input change

oriolcamp

In a dashboard, I have a dropdown input where the user can enter an IP address (customs value). I want to validate that the user's input is really an IP address/net and if not change it to 0.0.0.0/0. I have the following XML in the dropdown input:

<change>
    <eval token="net_token">if(match($value|s$,"\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}"),"OK","KO")</eval>
    <set token="net_token_exp">if(match($value|s$,"\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}"),"OK","KO")</set>
</change>

For example, I add the user custom value "aaaa" to the dropdown. Then, if I print the value of net_token_exp it shows:

if(match("aaaa","\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}"),"OK","KO")

But maybe the net_token value is OK (even if it does not match the regex...) or it even not evaluates the condition so it does not change the net_token value.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

The set would not evaluate the string, so that won't work.

For test purposes, check this...

<eval token="net_token_test1">$value|s$</eval>
 <set token="net_token_test2">$value|s$</set>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...