Splunk Search

RegEx extract multiple values per field

splunkbeginner2
Path Finder

Hello,
I am right now trying to reed Lotus Notes (to be coorect: Domincos console.log-file) Events. One of my problems I have, is the following:
(its not connected to Notes especially, but people should know, that at least someone tried it.)

Sometime I have an ID, but it can occur once, or comma separated twice. What can I do to get this value into two values for one field (I am using the search-time extraction).
e.g.
...[%Timestamp%] Message ABC123 delivered....
...[%Timestamp%] Message ABC129,ABC130 delivered....

My current RegEx extraction for the field is:
... (?P[\dA-Z]+) ...//some other fields exist before and afterwards

but how can I make it detect things twice.. ?

Thanks for your support!

Regards,
Xantor!

Tags (2)
0 Karma

Suda
Communicator

Hello,

I think you may have several solutions. I'd like to explain my idea.

I will change regex configuration.

... (?P<messageid>[0-9A-Z,]+) ...

And I will add the following search commands after your search command.

<your search> | makemv delim="," messageid 

The field "messageid" will be multiple value field if it has 2 and more contents.

And if you add "| mvexpand messageid", you will get 2 events; ABC129, ABC130.

I hope it helps you.

Thank you.

0 Karma

splunkbeginner2
Path Finder

Hey, that sounds interesting. I'll give it a try. mvexpand does only split the event into two, as soon as I search for it, correct?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...