Splunk Search

Reconciliation from 3 different sourcetypes

ashrafsj
Path Finder

Hi All,

I have an issue while trying to reconcile events from 3 different source types, the events from each sourcetype below is from DBConnect, they run every 1 hour. I tried to schedule the alert to look into events last 3 hours, i get all the events instead of just the difference.  tried mvexpand as well but didnt help much. the whole idea is to reconcile events from 3 different sourcetypes and get the result od missing SMS_RECORD out to team to look into. 

index=month source=XYZ sourcetype=OVERDRAFT_REC1
| dedup SMS_RECORD
| eval TIMESTAMP=strftime(strptime(TIMESTAMP,"%d-%b-%y %H:%M:%S"),"%d-%m-%Y %H:%M")
| stats values(SMS_RECORD) AS IN_T1 BY TIMESTAMP
| append
[ search index=month source=XYZ sourcetype=OVERDRAFT_REC2
| dedup SMS_RECORD
| eval TIMESTAMP=strftime(strptime(TIMESTAMP,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6Q"),"%d-%m-%Y %H:%M")
| stats values(SMS_RECORD) AS IN_I1 BY TIMESTAMP
]
| append
[ search index=month source=XYZ sourcetype=OVERDRAFT_REC3
| dedup SMS_RECORD
| eval TIMESTAMP=strftime(strptime(TIMESTAMP,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6Q"),"%d-%m-%Y %H:%M")
| stats values(SMS_RECORD) AS IN_TXT1 BY TIMESTAMP
]
| mvexpand IN_T1 
| mvexpand IN_I1 
| mvexpand IN_TXT1
| stats values(IN_T1) AS T1,values(IN_I1) AS I1,values(IN_TXT1) AS TXT1 BY TIMESTAMP
| where T1!=I1 OR I1!=TXT1 OR TXT1!=T1

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ashrafsj,

My reply was only for your last question, I think now I understood your need. Please try below;

index=month source=XYZ (sourcetype=OVERDRAFT_REC1 OR sourcetype=OVERDRAFT_REC2 OR sourcetype=OVERDRAFT_REC3)
| eval TIMESTAMP=coalesce(strptime(TIMESTAMP,"%d-%b-%y %H:%M:%S"),strptime(TIMESTAMP,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6Q")) 
| bin span=1min TIMESTAMP
| stats dc(sourcetype) AS sourcetype_count values(sourcetype) as sourcetype BY TIMESTAMP SMS_RECORD
| where sourcetype_count<3
If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ashrafsj,

You can use like below;

| where isnull(SMS_RECORD) AND (sourcetype="OVERDRAFT_REC1" OR sourcetype="OVERDRAFT_REC2" OR sourcetype="OVERDRAFT_REC3")
If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

ashrafsj
Path Finder

Hi @scelikok ,

Im trying to add the condition to compare the SMS_RECORD output among 3 different source types and only output SMS_RECORD entry that didnt reconcile between the 3 sourcetypes

index=month source=XYZ (sourcetype=OVERDRAFT_REC1 OR sourcetype=OVERDRAFT_REC2 OR sourcetype=OVERDRAFT_REC3)
| eval TIMESTAMP=coalesce(strptime(TIMESTAMP,"%d-%b-%y %H:%M:%S"),strptime(TIMESTAMP,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6Q")) 
| stats values(SMS_RECORD) AS SMS_RECORD BY TIMESTAMP sourcetype
| mvexpand SMS_RECORD
| where <<check SMS_RECORD that doesnt reconcile from the 3 different sourcetypes>>

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
| eval TIMESTAMP=strptime(TIMESTAMP,"%d-%b-%y %H:%M:%S")
| stats values(SMS_RECORD) AS SMS_RECORD BY TIMESTAMP sourcetype
| mvexpand SMS_RECORD
| where your_condition

Why not this?

0 Karma

ashrafsj
Path Finder

@to4kawa  - the timestamp of sourcetype1 and  2&3 are different.

sourcetype1 - %d-%b-%y %H:%M:%S

sourcetype2&3 - %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6Q

once I convert them to same timestamp - %d-%m-%Y %H:%M , it would be easier to reconcile the events. if the entries from each of the sourcetypes are not equal, then it needs to display the SMS_RECORD (difference)

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

This will be OK.

0 Karma

ashrafsj
Path Finder

@to4kawa  is there a way i can implement a condition which says the SMS_RECORD is not available in any one of the sourcetype. 

Pardon me for the syntax, but some thing like this 

| where NOT SMS_RECORD IN (sourcetype=OVERDRAFT_REC1 OR sourcetype=OVERDRAFT_REC2 OR sourcetype=OVERDRAFT_REC3)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...