Splunk Search

Receiving error for external lookup (MySQL Connector)

splunkIT
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Using the latest version (1.0) of MySQL Connector app for an external lookup. I can connect to the database, through the app, just fine. I can query the database from within Splunk, can enumerate the database structure, etc. However, if I perform a lookup against the database, I receive the following error:

[DALPMVIF0024] Script for lookup table 'muveLookup' returned error code 1. Results may be incorrect

This splunk setup two search heads and three indexers; so it is a distributed search environment.

0 Karma
1 Solution

splunkIT
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The error appears to stem from the fact that we're using the MySQL
Connector in a distributed environment. By adding "head" in the search,
it effectively caused the lookup to happen locally. While this gave the
desired results, limiting the result set was not ideal. So, I've removed
the "head" directive from the search and added "local=1" to the lookup,
which also resolves the problem but without limiting the result set.

View solution in original post

splunkIT
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The error appears to stem from the fact that we're using the MySQL
Connector in a distributed environment. By adding "head" in the search,
it effectively caused the lookup to happen locally. While this gave the
desired results, limiting the result set was not ideal. So, I've removed
the "head" directive from the search and added "local=1" to the lookup,
which also resolves the problem but without limiting the result set.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

 (view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

  In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...