Splunk Search

Ranking Rows in a Table based on the count

kabiraj
Path Finder

I have a table containing two columns: Channel Name and Total views. I want to create another column using eval to rank these channels based on the counts of the Total Views.

e.g.

BBC Sport 1     5566     1
BBC Sport 2     3000     2
FOX HD          1134     3

and so on till the channel with least number of views.

First col - Channel Name, Second col - Total Views, Third Col - Rank. Can it be done in Splunk. Please reply.

Tags (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

davebrooking
Contributor

You should be able to use the streamstats command to do this.

View solution in original post

stephanefotso
Motivator

Can you be more specific? Your table has 5 columns. What is the rank and how do you get it?

SGF
0 Karma

davebrooking
Contributor

You should be able to use the streamstats command to do this.

kabiraj
Path Finder

Thanks davebrooking & sc0tt.

0 Karma

kabiraj
Path Finder

Hi davebrooking. I don't want to show statistics for each event. I want to first sum up views count for a single channel using sum command, sort it in descending order and rank it from top to bottom based on the total views count for each channel.

0 Karma

sc0tt
Builder

As @davebrooking mentioned, streamstats should be able to do this your search | sort -field | streamstats count

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...