Splunk Search

REX command for the logline

nivethainspire_
Explorer

I need to write a rex command for the below log, Please help me out.

log:
xxx,xxx, D_Name="sag01 "TCC - QA - ORAA cvo0011 (CLCDTQ)"" , xxx

In the above log , i need to write a rex command to extract 3 type of values in single field as below
D_Name
sag01
cvo0011
CLCDTQ

Tags (1)
0 Karma

hunters_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi nivethainspire_07,

Based on the sample log line you provided, please try the following query:

... | rex field=_raw "="(?<field1>.*)\s".*\s(?<field2>.*)\s\((?<field3>.*)\)"""

If it does not work for your other log lines, please provide more log data so that others can gain a more complete understanding of your log format.

Hope it helps. Thanks!
Hunter

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If the log always contains D_Name="value" then splunk will auto-extract this field at search time when using verbose mode.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Smart > Verbose 😛

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You'll need to know more about the format of that line, find out what rules govern what value is where.

I could write a regular expression that works for this one example, but it's unlikely to work for all your data without that format knowledge.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...