Splunk Search

Quest ChangeAuditor

agonist_inhaler
Explorer

Hi, I am wondering if anyone have already user Splunk for Quest ChangeAuditor, I know by searching through google that this piece of software can monitor AD events, like logins, and account lock-outs and so on, they even have exchange and sql support, but I really don't know how it logs all these events. I am hoping someone is familiar enough on this software and can give any idea on its own logging system if its possible to splunk it.

Appreciate any inputs.

PS. I know generally that any plain text file splunk can read.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ageld
Path Finder

Has anyone successfully accomplished the integration between Quest (Dell) ChangeAuditor and Splunk? I would love to be able to send ChangeAuditor logs to Splunk.

Thank you!

0 Karma

tomcochran

Is there any follow up info on how this could be done? I have been searching and it seems like there is little info especially now that ChangeAuditor is Dell owned.

0 Karma

bpiirala

Quest ChangeAuditor is an awesome product. You can't get that level of AD auditing anywhere else, and the UI makes it ridiculously easy to search and find audit info after the fact. You definitely don't need any event logging tools for this, but yes you could also use Splunk to collect ChangeAuditor's events too. Although for AD auditing, the ChangeAuditor UI is what you'd want to use.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...