Splunk Search

Query to display average cpu usage for all splunk search heads & indexers

jward6004
Explorer

I'm building reporting for capacity planning to improve the performance across our splunk environment. During my company's peak period of year, our indexers CPU gets pegged and I'd like to query for that date range to display this activity. I've been trying out a few different queries but I have no been able to get quite what I'm looking for.

index=main host=splunk* source="Perfmon:CPU" counter="% Processor Time" | stats avg(Value) as "CPU Processor Time" by host

Can anyone also help me gather the avg > 75% cpu processor time?

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

How about this

index=main host=splunk* source="Perfmon:CPU" counter="% Processor Time" | bucket span=1d _time | stats avg(Value) as avgcpu by _time host | where avgcpu>75.0| timechart span=1d  avg(avgcpu) as "CPU Processor Time" by host limit=0 

View solution in original post

jward6004
Explorer

Thank @somesoni2

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

How about this

index=main host=splunk* source="Perfmon:CPU" counter="% Processor Time" | bucket span=1d _time | stats avg(Value) as avgcpu by _time host | where avgcpu>75.0| timechart span=1d  avg(avgcpu) as "CPU Processor Time" by host limit=0 
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...