Splunk Search

Query to capture distinct source IP who triggered multiple signatures

sumit29
Path Finder

Dear Experts,

I require help to create the query.
I am creating the rule if single(unique) source triggered distinct signature(more than 2) . Than only we should get the result.

Fields involved src,signature,count

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dcarmack_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Gotcha. Try this for your stats then.

... | stats values(signature) as signatures by src | eval sig_count=mvcount(signature) | where sig_count >= 2

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dcarmack_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Gotcha. Try this for your stats then.

... | stats values(signature) as signatures by src | eval sig_count=mvcount(signature) | where sig_count >= 2

0 Karma

sumit29
Path Finder

0 Karma

dcarmack_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

no problem, glad to help!

0 Karma

dcarmack_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

index= sourcetype= | fields src signature | stats count by src signature | where count >= 2

0 Karma

sumit29
Path Finder

Thanks, But this query only gives signature count along with src , I require count of signature from single source.

Let say source 10.10.10.10 trigger signature name = x and another signature name =y . so this source triggered 2 distinct signature . This what i am looking

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...