Splunk Search

Query in Verbose mode results but while finalising in Fast mode, the results arent displaying ?

sangs8788
Communicator

Hi,

I have a query which finalises me all JSP pages performance for every month. It provides me correct result in Verbose mode.
But while running on Fast mode, the results shows up but at the end while finalising, there are no results found for the same query.
It is strange though. Could someone help me out on what is wrong in here ?

index=test  page=JSP  |eval req = tostring(req) |convert num(AvgWallTime) as AvgWallTime |eval AvgWallTime=if(AvgWallTime=="",0,AvgWallTime) | chart avg(AvgWallTime) as Average  over month by req useother=f limit=100
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sangs8788
Communicator

Got this fixed. Looks like one of the Request name is too large to be a column field name. That is the reason it didnt show the results.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sangs8788
Communicator

Got this fixed. Looks like one of the Request name is too large to be a column field name. That is the reason it didnt show the results.

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Which version of splunk you are using? Did you try using smart mode?

0 Karma

sangs8788
Communicator

Version 7.0.2. The problem is i want this to be add it as a panel in dashboard. I suppose the panels are in fast mode. So i need this to work in fast mode.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...