Splunk Search

Problems with Field Extraction where Source has a Forward Slash in it

gn694
Communicator

I am trying to create a field extraction for events from the source:
WinEventLog:Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Gateway/Operational

I am able to save it, but when I go to set permissions on it (or edit/move it), I get the following in Splunk web:
Splunk could not perform action for resource data/props/extractions (404, u'Splunk cannot find "data/props/extractions/source::WinEventLog:Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Gateway/Operational : EXTRACT-TestRDG". [HTTP 404] https://127.0.0.1:8089/servicesNS//search/data/props/extractions/source%253A%253AWinEventLog%253AMic...; [{\'type\': \'ERROR\', \'text\': \'Could not find object id=source%3A%3AWinEventLog%3AMicrosoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Gateway/Operational : EXTRACT-TestRDG\', \'code\': None}]')

I am able to delete it though.

It looks like the forward slash in the source is the problem.

Has anyone encountered this before or know of a work around for it?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

They "easy" answer is to avoid using source and instead sourcetype. If you must use source, then try using source = ...Operational I tested it and this works.

ken_lynch
Engager

Hello, i am getting the same error but i am using source type that has a forward slash. See error below:

Splunk could not perform action for resource data/props/extractions (404, 'Splunk cannot find "data/props/extractions//nrc/prod/rtp/bi/api : EXTRACT-Exception_Code". [HTTP 404] https://127.0.0.1:8089/servicesNS/klynch/search/data/props/extractions/%252Fnrc%252Fprod%252Frtp%252...; [{\'type\': \'ERROR\', \'code\': None, \'text\': \'Could not find object id=/nrc/prod/rtp/bi/api : EXTRACT-Exception_Code\'}]')

I notice that there are two // in the path leading up to the props entry....

The odd thing is that the extract works, I just cannot edit the entry from the fields extraction page. I need to make the permissions global to all users.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...