hi,
hi,

How can i plot value of three fields on timechart

ProcessName duration(Sec) _time

SaveAllData 1.2 2013-09-24T04:57:20.325+0530

SaveAllData 0.02 2013-09-24T02:57:17.680+0530

working_Days_test 0.05 2013-09-23T22:16:57.994+0530

CreateProductsCSV 0.05 2013-09-23T12:08:27.489+0530

i want to see a timechart which shows which process took how many seconds and at what time

Thanks

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

If you just want plot values and don't care about limiting datapoints etc, you could just do

... | xyseries _time ProcessName duration
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Yes, that is expected - that's why you should use timechart, because it automatically keeps the amount of datapoints down for you. But you said you didn't want that, so this is the issue you'll be running into instead.

0 Karma

ChhayaV
Communicator

xyseries creates problem when i increase my time range as its plotting each n every day

0 Karma

ChhayaV
Communicator

my search is running properly its copy paste mistake..i can see the names of the processes as legend but no chart is displayed

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Well, that would be how you would achieve what you want. I just verified this on my own installation here. If that truly is your search, please note that field names are case sensitive, so "Processname" is not the same as "processname".

0 Karma

ChhayaV
Communicator

Hey thanks i wasn't knowing about this command but its not showing anything on chart i can see only names of the processes

this is my search

index=tm_idx host="server" "finished executing normally" | rex field=_raw "(?i)Process\s(\"|\"})(?\w+)" | rex field=_raw "elapsed\stime\s(?\w.\w+)\sseconds" |xyseries _time Processname myduration

basically i want to show number of process running on ther server with the time it took to complete

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try the below alternative (produces similar results as timechart)

index=myindex sourcetype=processdata |chart max(duration) as duration over _time by ProcessName

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Did you try it?

Depending upon your data, that may show exactly what you're after; you'll only get max (and not each and every duration) if there are multiple durations in the same second.

0 Karma

ChhayaV
Communicator

hi i dont want max of duration i want to plot each and every duration

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...