Splunk Search

Pie charts revert to bar charts when copied. Why??

DTERM
Contributor

I've created an application that has many charts, including bar charts and pie charts. When I copy the splunk/etc/apps/myapp folder to a search head, all my pie charts turn into bar charts. Why is that and how can that be fixed?

I know how to modify the objects and turn them back into PIE charts. However, my question is how to prevent that from happening in the first place. I can't roll out the application and then fix it afterwards. That is not an option.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

DTERM
Contributor

I've gone into the code and modified it to specify the specific chart type. That way, it does get copied over correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

DTERM
Contributor

I've gone into the code and modified it to specify the specific chart type. That way, it does get copied over correctly.

0 Karma

Ant1D
Motivator

If these charts were running off a saved search then you will have to go to your local folder and look at savedsearch.conf. In here, the name of your search that is producing bar charts will have a vsid. You will then need to take this vsid and look at the viewstates.conf file. The matching vsid in this file should have an attribute called ChartTypeFormatter... = bar. You should change the word bar to pie. Maybe this will help

0 Karma

Ant1D
Motivator

Maybe this is the case because your original searches/reports were saved via the report builder as bar charts and not pie charts.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...