Splunk Search

Pass the result of one query to another

anjihari
Observer

I have the first query

First Query :     search criteria | rex field=_raw ".* IPAddress=(?<IPAddress>.+?) " | table IPAddress

The above query is returning a table with all IPAddress. I want this data to be looked at in the second query. How can we write two queries as single?

Second Query :   search criteria  | rex field=_raw ".* IPAddress=(?<IPAddress>.+?)\"" | where IPAddress in (first Query results )  | rex field=_raw ".* value=(?<value>.+?)\"" | table IPAddress,value, _time

I tried below but it is empty results

<first search > | rex field=_raw ".* IPAddress=(?<IPAddress>.+?)\"" | where IPAddress in ([search <second search> | rex field=_raw ".* IPAddress=(?<IPAddress>.+?) "
| fields IPAddress ])| rex field=_raw ".* value=(?<value>.+?)\"" | table IPAddress,value, _time

Labels (4)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is no "passing" of results in a query, except via pipe.  You may be able to get a subsearch (like you already tried) to work, but we'd need to see the "search criteria" as that has a big effect on how the searches are combined.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...