Splunk Search

Nested search

frankagustinus
Explorer

Hi all,

I have 2 dump files and put separate them into 2 sourcetypes, sourcetype=transaction_status and sourcetype=transaction_detail. Here are some data from both sourcetype :

sourcetype=transaction_status :

transaction_id: 1004 status: completed

transaction_id: 1005 status: completed

transaction_id: 1006 status: pending_payment

transaction_id: 1007 status: pending_payment

transaction_id: 1008 status: completed

transaction_id: 1009 status: completed

transaction_id: 1010 status: pending_payment

transaction_id: 1011 status: completed

sourcetype=transaction_detail :

transaction_id: 1004 vendor_id: 03 tag: ""

transaction_id: 1005 vendor_id: 07 tag: ""

transaction_id: 1006 vendor_id: 03 tag: ""

transaction_id: 1007 vendor_id: 03 tag: ""

transaction_id: 1008 vendor_id: 03 tag: ""

transaction_id: 1009 vendor_id: 01 tag: ""

transaction_id: 1010 vendor_id: 07 tag: ""

transaction_id: 1011 vendor_id: 03 tag: ""

I want to have a graph that shows the top 10 of vendor that have completed status. I can search which transaction_id that have status completed from sourcetype transaction_status (that's easy), but how to search which vendor related to these transaction_id (using data from sourcetype transaction_detail) ?

So the output would be :

vendor_id count

3 3

1 1

7 1

Thanks,

Frank

0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

You'll want to use a subsearch (see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.0/SearchTutorial/Useasubsearch ).

sourcetype=transaction_detail [search sourcetype="transaction_status" status="completed" | fields transaction_id] | stats count by vendor_id

View solution in original post

0 Karma

amarsaroj
Explorer

sourcetype=transaction_status status="completed" | stats count by transaction_id | appendcols [search sourcetype="transaction_detail" | stats count by transaction_id vendor_id]| stats sum(count) as count by vendor_id

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

You'll want to use a subsearch (see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.0/SearchTutorial/Useasubsearch ).

sourcetype=transaction_detail [search sourcetype="transaction_status" status="completed" | fields transaction_id] | stats count by vendor_id
0 Karma

frankagustinus
Explorer

Hi Ayn,

I tried your approach and works perfectly. Thanks .. I didn't realize it is that simple. And with some modification based from amarsaroj approach (using appendcols), we were able to create more complex chart.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...