Splunk Search

Nessus data charting- How to make a trend chart of specific data set?

jenkinsta
Path Finder

I am making a trend chart of specific data set. What I am looking for is (generic example)

index=nessus | eval Month=strftime(firstSeen,"%b") | chart count by severity Month

So the end result would be Months on the X axis and the count of severity (critica,high,medium) for each month. Each month would have a count of each severity.  But using the firstseeen date from the date event. 

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

yeahnah
Motivator

Hi @jenkinsta 

I think timechart would be better suited for this.  Something like

index=nessus
| timechart span=1month count BY severity 

The counts are group by month then

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

0 Karma

yeahnah
Motivator

Hi @jenkinsta 

I think timechart would be better suited for this.  Something like

index=nessus
| timechart span=1month count BY severity 

The counts are group by month then

Hope that helps

0 Karma

jenkinsta
Path Finder

Thanks, I can do it by the time of the event but what I am looking for is by the firstSeen value from the event itself. 

eval FirstSeenMonth=strftime(firstSeen,"%b")

How can I group by FirstSeenMonth or is there something else I need to do before I do any charting?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...