Splunk Search

Need help decuple only time from below record

bhaskar5428
Explorer

My apologies

i was using "eventTimestamp" instead of  "@timestamp" in my rex command 

i just realized and its working now , However i do not need date in last column need only time.
Please help how to do that.

please find below details 

================================================================================

Query

index=* namespace="dk1017-j" sourcetype="kube:container:kafka-clickhouse-snapshot-writer" message="*Snapshot event published*" AND message="*dbI-LDN*" AND message="*2024-04-03*" AND message="*"
|fields message
|rex field=_raw "\s+date=(?<BusDate>\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2})"
|rex field=_raw "sourceSystem=(?<Source>[^,]*)"
|rex field=_raw "entityType=(?<Entity>\w+)"
|rex field=_raw "\"@timestamp\":\"(?<Time>\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}[T]\d{2}:\d{2})"  --> Please help Here 
|sort Time desc
|dedup Entity
|table Source, BusDate, Entity, Time

================================================================================

Screenshot

bhaskar5428_0-1712226124075.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

raw data

{"@timestamp":"2024-04-04T02:25:59.366Z","level":"INFO","message":"Snapshot event published: SnapshotEvent(version=SnapshotVersion(sourceSystem=dbI-LDN, entityType=ACCOUNT, subType=, date=2024-04-03, version=1, snapshotSize=326718, uuid=8739e273-cedc-482b-b696-48357efc8704, eventTimestamp=2024-04-04T02:24:52.762129638), status=CREATED)","thread":"snapshot-checker-3","loggerName":"com.db.sdda.dc.kafka.snapshot.writer.InternalEventSender"}

Show syntax highlighted

Need only time 02:25:59 AM/PM in last column

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
|rex field=_raw "\"@timestamp\":\"\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}T(?<Time>\d{2}:\d{2})"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bhaskar5428
Explorer

is there way to add AM OR PM according to time.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, extract the full timestamp (including the date), then parse it with strptime() into an epoch time value (number of seconds since 1970), then format it with strftime() using the relevant time variables

Date and time format variables - Splunk Documentation

0 Karma

bhaskar5428
Explorer

Appreciate if you can share some example .

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming your ingest has already parsed your timestamp into the _time field, then you can just format that to get the time

| eval Time=strftime(_time, "%I:%M %p")
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
|rex field=_raw "\"@timestamp\":\"\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}T(?<Time>\d{2}:\d{2})"
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...