Splunk Search

Need Minutes and hours conversion

priya1926
Path Finder

Hi,

I am trying this cmd 

index="wineventlog" host IN (*) EventCode=6006 OR EventCode="6005" Type=Information
| transaction host startswith=6006 endswith=6005 maxevents=2
| eval duration = duration + " Sec"
| table _time host duration

If the output in sec.. i need sec... if its in minutes then minutes .. if its in hours and if in days it should calculate the same.

Thanks in Advance

Labels (2)
0 Karma

skrajkumar_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Or you can try converting the duration to string and then add sec, mins via regex like below example

| eval duration=tostring(duration,"duration")| eval time_taken = replace(duration,"(\d+)\:(\d+)\:(\d+)","\1h \2min \3sec")

Random_Walk
Path Finder

I think this will help ...

index=wineventlog EventCode=6006 OR EventCode="6005" Type=Information
| transaction host startswith=6006 endswith=6005 maxevents=2
| eval Units=case(duration<60, " Sec", duration<3600, " Min", duration<86400, " Hours", duration>86400, " Days")
| eval Duration=case(duration<60, duration, duration<3600, duration/60, duration<86400, duration/3600, duration>86400, duration/86400)
| table _time host duration Duration Units

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...