Splunk Search

Multiple values - mvexpand not doing what I expect

dbcase
Motivator

Hi ,

I have a query that looks like this

earliest=-100hr index=blahalarm STATUS=readyArmed OR STATUS=ready OR STATUS=notReady|mvexpand notReady|mvexpand ready|mvexpand readyArmed|mvexpand _time|timechart span=1hr values(field2) by STATUS

but the resulting dataset comes back as this. I'm confused, why wouldn't mvexpand create multiple events?

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

dbcase
Motivator

FIxed it. My data was coming in with 15min increments but my span=1hr, once I set my span to 15min all is well

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dbcase
Motivator

FIxed it. My data was coming in with 15min increments but my span=1hr, once I set my span to 15min all is well

0 Karma

elliotproebstel
Champion

Doesn't the final timechart span=1h bring the events back into 1h buckets? The result looks like what I'd expect. Can you say more about what you're trying to achieve?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...