Splunk Search

Minimum free disk space reached for /opt/splunk/var/run/dispatch

splunkingsplun1
Explorer

I am receiving the following message in Splunk 6.01 "Minimum free disk space reached (5000MB) for /opt/splunk/var/run/dispatch". We also have Splunk App for ES installed. I have erased everything in the directory and after one day I receive the message again. What do I need to adjust in order to resolve this issue permanently?

Tags (3)

sherm77
Path Finder

I had this issue installing a heavy forwarder, I was allocated 4gb of space and after the install, I only had 3.4gb left.

After researching it, I added this to my ~/etc/system/local/server.conf:

[diskUsage]
minFreeSpace =2000

Yes, this is low, but I'm just receiving & forwarding, and not expecting to index anything relevant here. If I run into space issues, I'll just request a few more gigs of space.

mkinsley_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

5GB is dangerously low for an enterprise system. After you optimize the TTL on your results , you may still find yourself running low on space.

See about attaching more space to your system. One of the great things about *NIX systems is that you can mount new storage directly to your var/run/dispatch directory without affecting the rest of your system.

Also if your system is using LVM volumes you can also transparently add storage without interruption.

Good luck

linu1988
Champion

Moreover, whichever jobs are not required you could set dispatch.ttl parameter to as low as possible.

rahulroy_splunk
Path Finder
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...