Splunk Search

Maxmind GeoIP2 updates in a Clustered Environment

Ovi
Path Finder

I have a multisite indexer cluster with one SH
I configured automated GeoIP2-City Maxmind DB (paid subscription) downloads that refresh this DB on the SH every week
I am also using Data Models across multiple applications that that include calculated Country, City etc. fields and make use of this GeoIP database

Questions:
For a clustered environment such as this and using Data Models - should I push the DB updates to the Indexers as well to avoid any inconsistency in the search results?
Does Splunk needs to be restarted or debug/refresh to pick up the DB change
Any other guidance on this setup in a clustered environment
Thanks

Tags (2)

ifotopoulos
Explorer

You should do it on both (SH and indexers) otherwise you are going to have discrepancies. Iplocation is a streaming command and depending on your search it can either be applied at the indexers level or at the SH level.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...