Splunk Search

Match events in search by fields

Ponczi1
Explorer

Hello
I have a serach that gives me back two types of events. event A with field r_code and some other fields while event B with a field s_code. I want to list only Events A that can be matched by field r_code with Events B s_code field (meaning that if there is no event B that has s_code matching some Event A r_code then Event A should not be listed.

| from datamodel ABC.Perf |where isnotnull(s_code) OR isnotnull(r_code) |where ???
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

cmerriman
Super Champion

you could try something like this:

....|eval joiner="x"| selfjoin joiner |where r_code=s_code|fields - joiner

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/7.0.0/SearchReference/Selfjoin

View solution in original post

cmerriman
Super Champion

you could try something like this:

....|eval joiner="x"| selfjoin joiner |where r_code=s_code|fields - joiner

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/7.0.0/SearchReference/Selfjoin

mayurr98
Super Champion

try this run anywhere search

| makeresults | eval event_A="1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10" | makemv event_A | mvexpand event_A | appendcols [| makeresults | eval event_B="8 2 5 9 11 64 66 7755 33 10" | makemv event_B | mvexpand event_B] | where event_A=event_B

If this does not work then provide r_code and s_code sample input data and provide what output you want.

let me know if this helps!

0 Karma

Ponczi1
Explorer

Ok, so the data is structured more like

_time | r_code    | s_code     | info
xxxxx | 12        |  null      | asd1
xxxxx | null      |  12        | null
xxxxx | 13        |  null      | asd2
xxxxx | 14        |  null      | asd3
xxxxx | null      |  14        | null

So i want to remove event with r_code=13 since there is no event with s_code=13

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Thanks for the Memories! Splunk University, .conf24, and Community Connections

Thank you to everyone in the Splunk Community who joined us for .conf24 – starting with Splunk University and ...

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...