Splunk Search

Manually editing tags.conf

dayrobertj
Engager

Hey all,

If you were to manually update the tags.conf file and remove a tagging for a specific server, what is needed in order for these changes to show up on the web gui (ie. restart splunk, wait X seconds, manually reload tags.conf, etc.)

Thanks a lot!

@mikelanghorst- We deleted a tag from the and it still persists.

After more testing, I noticed that while tags are immediately written to tags.conf, if I remove it once it has been written it doesn't update the website. However, if I restart splunk the changes show. I'm hoping a restart isn't required!

Does anyone else have insight on this? It doesn't appear to be updating on search.

Tags (1)

mikelanghorst
Motivator

tags.conf is read at search time, when I add tags via the config file they are available immediately.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...