Splunk Search

Lookup table help

tkerr357
Observer

Hello all,

Looking for some help integrating a lookup table into my failed login search. What I am trying to achieve is to look for any events matching the base search I have below using each of the account name variations in the table. Any help is much appreciated. 

base search: index=wineventlog OR index=h_wineventlog EventCode=4625 user=(LL,CL,TL would go here) | stats count by user

example of table below : 

tkerr357_0-1593623557125.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

chrisboy68
Contributor

Look a inputlookup https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.4/SearchReference/Inputlookup

You will want to match with your base search and perform logic on the fields returned from the lookup and base.

HTH

Chris

0 Karma

tkerr357
Observer

sorry I have read through the documentation but can you provide a brief example of what you mean? 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...