Splunk Search

Lookup table help

tkerr357
Observer

Hello all,

Looking for some help integrating a lookup table into my failed login search. What I am trying to achieve is to look for any events matching the base search I have below using each of the account name variations in the table. Any help is much appreciated. 

base search: index=wineventlog OR index=h_wineventlog EventCode=4625 user=(LL,CL,TL would go here) | stats count by user

example of table below : 

tkerr357_0-1593623557125.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

chrisboy68
Contributor

Look a inputlookup https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.4/SearchReference/Inputlookup

You will want to match with your base search and perform logic on the fields returned from the lookup and base.

HTH

Chris

0 Karma

tkerr357
Observer

sorry I have read through the documentation but can you provide a brief example of what you mean? 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...